Sunday, November 9, 2014

C4T #3

Post #1The first post I commented on was about Mrs. Morris's quest to stay in the education loop. She had a young child and was not able to be in the classroom. She also explains the importance of a learning community to help one another out in and out of the classroom. She goes on to explain how important blogging is much like the blogging we do in our class. Here is my response to her blog post:
Hello Mrs. Morris!
I thoroughly enjoyed your blog. It did get me thinking about the family life and balancing a career as well. I am a Secondary Education/English Lang Arts Composite Major with a minor in Military Sciences at the University of South Alabama. I am currently taking EDM 310 and it has given me opportunities to visit real people’s blogs and take a peek into their lives to help myself reflect on my own. Thank you for your time.
Kelia Fagan

Post #2 Here my teacher expresses the importance of quality reading for her students. Her main focus is primary; however, all teachers strive to better the reading capabilities of their students. The site goes on to talk about how students are able to read fluidly on the iPads and how it greatly improved their reading skills. Other technologies have proven fruitful in helping students advanced self regulated learning abilities. This is the comment I posted to her page:
Hello Mrs. Cassidy, my name is Kelia Fagan. I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I enjoyed your post immensely. I have never heard of Epic. However, using Kindle and other technologies and products to help improve the reading capabilities of children is remarkable. I have learned about numerous technologies that can greatly improve the outcome of students’ performances in my future classrooms. This is all thanks to the great roles models like yourself I have come across through this class and its projects.
Thank you for your time, Kelia Fagan
From these two teachers I have found a number of uses for technology in my classroom that will better the learning environment as well as students' abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment