Sunday, November 30, 2014

Blog Post #5 Part 2

At first, I was uncertain of the importance of PLNs. Then my PLN basis began to grow. Not only do I have Symbaloo to thank for kick-starting; but, through my observations I have been able to connect with varieties of educators. Mobile County Public School teachers, especially those from Baker High School are helping me shape my future as a teacher. The English department as well as other teachers from different subject fields. Most notable are three teachers that I observed: Mr. Rice (History), Mrs. Barbosa (English), and Mrs. Gladen (Marine Biology). These teachers have shown me a variety of lessons that are highly successful and have encouraged me to keep going on my quest. Teachers from other states and countries from our C4T assignments are being added to the list as well. Mrs. Miller from my interview with a teacher assignment is a great person for technology and its many usages in the classroom. This exercise is great to collaborate with teachers from all backgrounds, regions, and countries to see what works and what doesn't. This will prove to be a key tool in the future for my classrooms to provide viable sources to present to my students and to help drive home the lessons. EDM 310 has turned out to be the most interesting and resourceful class thus far in my education courses. It allows me to connect, collaborate, and create new things and opportunities for not only myself but the students I will one day have the honor to teach.

amazon.com

edtechideas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment