Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog Post


  • My name and where I'm from
  • A little background information
  • My Major and Minor
  • Why I chose South
  • My Passions and my Career



  My name is Kelia Fagan. I am from Mobile, Alabama. I live with my father, step-mother, and six dogs. Delilah, Ginger, Zeus, JJ, and Sophie are my parents' dogs. Coal Docket is my rambunctious, 10-month old, 60 pound puppy. My mother, step-father, and little brother-Malcolm, live in Sarasota, Florida. I am a Secondary Education, English Language Arts Major with a Minor in Military Sciences. I am striving to become an officer in the United States Army. I will be able to travel the world serving my country. I was born into a long line of educators and military personnel. I chose South Alabama because it is a hometown school. I have family and friends that have graduated from here and it feels like home every time I step foot on campus.

  I grew up loving to learn. I want to be an educator for the sole purpose to enhance the well-being of young people and to help them become a well rounded individual through knowledge. An educator leads a challenging career. Within a normal day an educator must be more interesting and more knowledgeable than the information students have already picked up from the rapid output of knowledge everyday by the new advances in technology. No two students learn the same as the next. It is up to the educator to be able to understand the student's learning abilities and find new ways to enhance their daily learning. My passions in life mirror the career I am working towards. I love all written works. I enjoy reading literature from all across the region, nation, and world. I am an avid poetry writer. I enjoy helping others make sense of literature and expanding their writing capabilities. I hope to make a huge impact on the lives of my future students just as past educators have impacted my life. I intend on doing far better than I did in the previous semester. I do hope everyone achieves their goals this semester. Go Jags!






No comments:

Post a Comment